Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dear Ambrose,

Son, life with you is great! I didn't always feel that way, quite the opposite if I'm being honest with myself. Those first few weeks were depressingly difficult and incredibly overwhelming. I'd nod and smile when people would say that it goes by so fast, enjoy every second yada yada yada, but truth be told, there were days it couldn't go fast enough.

Today my feelings couldn't be more different. I feel a tinge of guilt and regret knowing I spent so much of your infancy wishing it away. I spend each and every waking second with you and it still isn't enough. I want to pause time just for a little while and soak in exactly who you are at this very moment. There is a saying that I read "Boys should never be made to go to bed because they wake up one day older," I am desperately trying to hold on to every moment, even one day older is too fast.



1 comment: