I am of course thrilled for him that he's feeling a little better, but selfishly I am oh so happy to be done with that awful booger sucker! Now that he is stronger he can protest much more effectivly. The rate and strength he is able to throw is head back and forth is quite amazing. Needless to say, it makes booger sucking turn into eyeball poking, ear wax grabbing and spit sucking rather than clearing out any of the sickies. And the crying, oh the crying. As I mentioned....SO glad to be done (for now) with the booger sucker.
One of the most concerning aspects of this little ordeal is sicky mc sickerton has gone on a feeding strike. It's more of a formula strike because he's still eating solids like a champ, but is taking only about 10-15oz of formula a day, down from normally 32oz. I have tried everything...cup, sippy cup, different bottle, different formula but to no avail!!!! I really hope that it is directly related to the sickness, but part of me fears that feedings will continue on this way, and oh my goodness, if that's the case I will be a mess.
Any suggestions? How about encouraging been there done that stories?
I do remember the girls refusing to eat/drink when they were sick, and then going back to it when they could breathe better.
ReplyDeleteAs for the nose sucker...a nurse told me to sit on the floor with legs in a v position, put the kid between your legs laying down, your legs over their shoulders, head in the crevice. Then they can't thrash around and get poked in the eyeballs while you are trying to suck the boogers out. Works like a charm. Crying still ensues, but at least it's not for as long...
Ahh the nose sucker...Bryce also hates it. When I have too....and sometimes this is during diaper changing time too :) FUN FUN I do what Heather said but backwards....It sounds bad but My feet hold his shoulders down and I can tell how far I am putting the nose sucker up. Hope he feels better soon.
ReplyDelete