Happy New Year!
I'm not one of those who consistently makes New Years resolutions, but there is something about the first day of the new year that puts me in a place of reflection and make me feel a need to make small changes in my life that will bless me and my family in the upcoming year.
Rather than making resolutions that cause me to stray from who I am as a person, and try and make me completely overhaul my life with these monumental "resolutions" I try and make simple, concrete and conscious decisions for the upcoming year.
Last year I tried to get back into reading, an activity that has always brought me enjoyment as well as knowledge. Having quiet time to relax and restore makes me a better mom, wife and all around person. However, quiet time is in hard supply with a toddler around, and I didn't prioritize it like I needed to. Last years resolution to read 50 books brought me much joy and I found myself carving out time again for reading, and it was wonderful! I did fall short by about 10 books, but I count the resolution as a success. I read many more books than I would have had I not made the resolution and it created a new habit in my life, so see...resolution = success.
This year my resolutions are, again, fairly minor, but will hopefully make me a better mom, wife and overall person :)
1.) throw away less food: I consider myself pretty effective at meal planning, so we're not throwing out unused ingredients, but we throw out a ton of leftovers. Each week this drives me nuts.
2.) Get laundry washed, dried and folded quickly! I am known to leave clean dry laundry in the drier for days. We all know what happens when you do t hat......wrinkles! John even one day asked me if we needed a new drier because the one that we have seems to be a "wrinkly drier." Like as a drier ages it somehow gives your clothes laugh lines...
3.) I'm going to give the 50 books a year another try, wish me luck (especially with a new baby on the way, which, oh ya, I haven't mentioned on this blog, but I'm pregnant.....a post will follow shortly).
Here are a couple of my favorite pics from the past year! Nothing brings home the saying "the days are long but the years are short" like looking through pictures!
I hope that 2011 is all you hope for and more.
* maybe I should also include "get in a couple pictures" as a resolution....
No comments:
Post a Comment