We're back. the return travel....wait for it....... wasn't so bad.
For starters, Mr. carseat hater eased up a bit and actually slept for over an HOUR on the drive up to Kansas city. That folks, is a big deal.
We arrived and rather than waiting in the outside check in line, which was a balmy 90 degrees, Pia (grandma) let us sit in her air conditioned car in the loading/unloading area, and we just jumped out when John was at the front of the line.
Boarding the flight went much smoother,largely in part because we bought our way to an earlier check in. Southwest allows( aka scams)you to pay 10.00 and you can board earlier. I did that with my ticket, I boarded and quickly found a middle seat. Conveniently Bram begins to scream, and wouldn't ya know, those two seats beside me stayed open until John and Ambrose could board.
The actual flight itself was pretty good, but what made the trip totally awesome was the fact that our flight to Dallas continued onto El Paso, so we didn't have to deplane, didn't have to chase our two year old through the airport, didn't have to dodge every candy stand, didn't have to take said toddler to bathroom and listen to a play by play of all the bathroom activities taking place...fan freaking tastic idea Southwest!!. We make it back, all luggage arrives and kids are fairly happy.
the drive back involved some crying, but nothing that makes me want to rip my ears off, we drive through Mc Donalds, and we finally make it back home.
The trip....TOTALLY worth it!
I am trying to upload some pics, but for some reason Blogger is on the fritz...I'll be back later.
I'm glad you made it home, but I'm stuck on the Kansas City part - you were here? And I could've brought Natalie to meet Ambrose? Bummer. Glad you survived, though :)
ReplyDelete