Saturday, March 23, 2013

Stop me if you've heard this one before...


 Yup, another blogging hiatus over here. Sorry about that. I know I issue this apology frequently, and I find that I quit blogging when I feel like I have nothing to write about. When John is gone, life takes on a very ground hog-esque feel, and we do the exact same thing over and over just plugging towards another day checked off the "how man days until daddy comes home" calendar. However, my aunt and mother assured me that despite the fact that our days may be monotonous and boring, some people still enjoy reading about them, so I'll try to be better about popping over here (but don't say I didn't warn you about the million pics of kids bath time, or running around the lawn in nothing but a diaper, or the giant pile of unfolded laundry on the couch that seems to appear in the background of every pic, or the paragraphs of me whining about how the last 15 minutes of the day just about kill me dead every time).

So, I'll dive right in with Ambrose's birthday party. We went with a Lego theme this year and it was a total blast!

One of my favorite parts of the party was a photo booth. My mom and I made some props for the kids to pose with, and hoped for the best. I was positive that we wouldn't get a single kid to sit down and pose with a mustache, but I think that we got a picture of almost every single child at some point. 










 I think for every child at a birthday party, opening presents is the most exciting part. Watching Ambroses'  friends excitedly give him their gift was so cute!














1 comment:

  1. well i personally love your posts because it makes me feel less alone in this motherhood world :) so keep it up. plus you're hilarious. i'm very impressed with your taped race car track and very jealous of how good you look with goofy props on your face!

    ReplyDelete