I specifically said, I'd like the front of his hair to hit his eyebrows, she nods, and proceeds to cut the hair WET so that it lays at his eyebrows. If you're a girl reading this, I know you're groaning. Every teenage girl has made the rash decision to trim her own bangs, but she mistakenly wets them down, and then snips. duh duh dun. The bangs dry, and you quickly realize your error. When the bangs dry, you now look like one of the three stooges with your bangs an inch and a half away from your eyebrows. I expect this from a teenage girl, but a freakin hair dresser?! I'm super non confrontational, so I of course didn't say anything.
Any who, he walked out of the salon with a hair cut that can only be described as "three stooges meets a mullet." I have tried every gel, serum, comb and tool but is still winning the crap-tastic medal at the hair Olympics. So, I was bummed. I may have even got tears in my eyes at one point looking back through pictures that I had taken pre-trim . I was in a terrible mood the rest of the day and evening. I'm not sure why I care so much, but I admittedly do. I've decided to have a little more perspective today, because really, it's hair. This is totally a "problem" of someone who is blessed and fortunate. So, off I go to snag my freshly mulleted boy out of his crib, and be happy he's healthy (and thank the good Lord, hair grows).
Here ya go.

I totally was going to put up a before picture here, but it makes the after pic look even worse.
P.S nobody punched him in the eyes, he had just woken up and his eyes are a pinch puffy....sleep already kid. It would do us all some good.
No comments:
Post a Comment