Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Here's what's going on...

We are moving into our house today.... during a tornado warning and Flash flood warning. How about them apples? I have no idea how they plan to keep our stuff even remotely dry or keep the floors and carpets in our house semi dry and clean, but I guess we'll find out.Spoiler alert: the move didn't happen. Not a single solitary box, piece of furniture or random last minute item, came off the truck today. bummer bummer HARDCORE BUMMER! They will try again, but the forecast suggests that tomorrow may be much of the same story.

Today the schools shut down. I still am unsure why. Maybe because the torrential downpour, maybe it was the fact that some streets were impassible due to flooding, or maybe it was the tornado warnings (tornado, yup, I get it...but how about that late start. The tornado warnings all passed before 9am)....all three maybe? I don't know. Odd though. It reminds me of that snow day when the high was 52 degrees.

Have you ever lived in a town that is the home to a tofu hot dog factory and a paper mil? No? Be grateful! Turns out Panama City is hands down, the stinkiest town in the history of towns. I can't tell you how many times I look to the back of the car and accusingly ask the boys if someone farted. It's like living in a giant fart Dutch oven around here. Please folks, come visit!

Since we haven't had enough (expensive) change in our life already, we decided to buy a new( to us) car yesterday. I was driving a CRV, and we had begun to outgrow it. It had been our plan to upgrade at some point, but doing it during this insanely expensive time in our life was not our plan, however, a few maintenance issues began to pop up which led us down the fast track to replacing it. We went in to have the issues fixed, while at the dealership we came across a used Pilot. The stars aligned..it was in our budget, our CRV trade in value was decent so we went for it. The third row will allow us to actually travel WITH our guests when the come to visit rather than force us to take two cars as well as allow John to drive without eating his knees. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment