Friday, March 27, 2009

Things no one told me

1. My post pregnancy belly will look and move more like an old water bed than the semi tight abs of 9 months ago.

2. A healing umbilical cord can smell so bad I would make a trip do the dreaded Lester Hospital Emergency room out of fear that little stump was infected.

3. Stretch marks appear darker and larger once the baby is out, how cruel is that!

4. Falling asleep becomes a race. The second Ambrose is out, I'm sprinting up the stairs into bed trying to squeeze every second of sleep out of the next few hours (or minutes).

1 comment:

  1. ah yes, and those distant memories come back. Smart mama to be sleepin! You're start! Enjoy these naps and get as many as you can, these are the days. Next time Ambrose will be running around and saying "mommy, mommy, I want to ride my bike", and you want to say "just take a nap buddy, mommy and your sibling are tired"!

    ReplyDelete