Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good old Alamogordo

Even crazies need exercises I guess. Ambrose and I run on this "path", it's basically a sidewalk set in the most scenic part of Alamogordo, which compared to crystal clear water, leaves something to be desired.Any who, the path has mile markers, some shaded area for water breaks....clearly used for exercise. In the past few days I've seen some interesting characters.
1. a lady, in a dress, speed walking with an umbrella stroller! It's hard enough pushing my gabillion dollar BOB, which has air filled tires the same size as most Japanese cars!
2. a man in a winter coat riding his bike. Um it's eleventy billion degrees here still, what in the heck is he thinking?
3. a man running in jeans and a nice polo shirt.


I've also come to find that Alamogordo"ians" aren't big on social graces. At the bank the other day Ambrose and I went in to cash a check and the conversation went something like this

Teller: Cute baby. Is he yours?
Me: Yup, sure is. (trying to smile and act like that wasn't a weird question)
Teller: Hmmm.... was he planned?
Me: Ah....(stammering at this point because what in the world is this guy thinking) yes, he was.
Teller: well then congratulations.

Really dude, really!? And what the heck were you going to say if I had said he wasn't planned?Condolences?

This next interaction came from someone I was buying a baby bath seat from.

Me: hello, I am the person buying the bath seat.
her: oh yea. WOW, you have blue eyes! Are they contacts?
Me: yes actually they are. They weren't exactly what I was looking for, but I've already bought an entire box, so I have to wear them until it's time to re-order and I can pick something different.
Her: yea, they are kind of scary. They're kind of like a vampire, like vampire blue.
Me: well...um.....thanks.

Ugh.




4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha :) I'm thinking the guy at the bank must've thought you were way too young to have a baby :) And now I want to see a picture of your vampire eyes :) Hahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny...I'd like to see your "new eyes" too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well of course they're Vampire blue - you bought them in Japan, right? ;)
    At least you'll have blog fodder for a few years. The locals sound.....colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosssssshhhh, i NEED to visit you there!

    ReplyDelete