Tuesday, March 30, 2010

goings on

Ambrose fall a lot, and I mean A LOT! This poor child is sporting three bruises, and two cuts, just on his face, and that happened it ONE day. He could win awards for the style and technique he uses when going for wipe outs.

I have quit sweeping floors with this child around. The kid sees the broom, comes running, and does this weird stomping jig right in the middle of the dirt pile, once the mess is scattered around the room again, he walks away (not before checking the rubble to ensure that there was no stray cheerios or pieces of lunch).

The terrible two's have come twelve months early around this house. The tantrums we're experiencing over here are again, of award winning caliber. He usually starts by arching his back and batting at my face, when I go to put him on the floor, he shrinks his legs up (because how dare you put me down as I try and assault you!) and does one of two things, 1) stands back up, runs face first into the couch and dissolves into a puddle of tempertantruming tears or 2) skips the couch face plant gets right to the (literally) kicking screaming fit on the floor. Lucky for me this hasn't happened outside of our apartment, but my family has been privilege to it on Skype. Lucky them.

Currently, the computer battery or computer charger (both of which are less than 8 months old), isn't working right, which means our internet time is scarce. To go along with the bad technology luck, the camera is broken as well, which is a total bummer because Ambrose looked adorable in his Easter outfit.

Ambrose gets a little stir crazy in our apartment and find all sorts of things to get into to entertain himself. His recent form of entertainment is launching things off of our third floor balcony. Not only is it hard on toys (or anything else he can get his hands on), it scares the heck out of me because under the balcony is a pool deck filled with tons (thanks to spring break) of people. I can only imagine that being hit square between the eyes, by a wooden puzzle piece while sun bathing may not be quite what anyone is looking for on their spring break.




1 comment:

  1. Ambrose is so much like Jake was at that age! The terrible 2s started for us just shortly after his first birthday and we really still may be in them, I haven't decided yet. I hope it gets easier for you!

    ReplyDelete