Thursday, September 16, 2010

18 months



Ambrose turned 18 months this month, a whole year and a half. Which makes him a full blown toddler, who runs and talks and tries to make me laugh and who is oh.so.much.fun!!!


This house is never quiet, from the moment he wakes he is chattering to himself and anyone that will listen. His vocabulary grows daily and it's been a blast watching him gain interest in more specific activities. He still loves being outside, going on wagon rides, playing at the park, throwing rocks or drawing with chalk. While he loves all the noisy outside rough and tumble activities, he has a quiet side the he shows more and more frequently (however, it's still in the rare category). He LOVES to read, specifically books about animals or counting, but really, anything will do.


You'll notice his hair is doing some strange things in this pic. I often forget to even attempt to tame it before we walk out the door. The first year of his life I couldn't have created bed head if I tried, there just wasn't any hair to speak of. So, now that he has it, the poor kid walks around with the best bed head known to man... poor kid.

He has a pretty serious girlfriend, and they are adorable. she most definitely wears the pants in the relationship, mainly because if he tries to take charge it's met with a bite or hit that reminds him she's in charge and what was he thinking.

Ambrose is a climber, he always has been, but he's been perfecting his skills the past few months and he is now a climbing master. Just today I found him standing on my (brand new, silly expensive, glass topped) coffee table. Not only is he good and climbing, he's stealthy. Not a good combo if we're trying to avoid ER visits.


I think we may be enjoying the calm before the "terrible two's" storm around here because most of Ambrose's strong willed spirited side has faded away and we are left with an incredibly sweet little boy. Once again, I look forward to what is to come because every day with this boy is better than the last!

I was also going to include a nice paragraph about how hopefully I'll be blogging more in the future, but as luck would have it, our desktop computer totally quit today and the laptop isn't available to me right now. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment