Thursday, September 9, 2010

Zoo

As a gift, one of my friends gave me a family pass to the zoo, and while it's small, and sometimes sad, we go at least 3 times a week. We love to see the animals, but our main reason for going is because they have the only shaded playground in town. I'm not sure how the novel idea of shade escaped the builders of other playgrounds throughout town, I mean as they're setting up the playground in the blisteringly hot desert heat, did it not occur to them that the slides might heat up to the temperature of the sun? It has certainly occurred to me and my poor little boys legs. Ah well, that was a lesson learned in the school of hard knocks, and he now tests the temperature with his hand prior to taking the leap.

I'd love to show you a few pics of him pointing to the animals or smiling as the monkeys play or yelling "puppy" as a coyote runs by, but since he's turned into a full blow toddler, my pictures more often than not, look like this....

And in true toddler (boy I think) fashion, here is his favorite exhibit at the zoo...


While it excites Ambrose, I can only feel bad for the animals that are ridiculously close to this speeding train and it's whistle.

1 comment:

  1. Love it...and so glad the picture thing isn't just us...I hear you on the play grounds and shade. If Bryce even sees the sun shinning on the slide he says No No too hot too hot.

    ReplyDelete