Thursday, May 26, 2011

The strider circus


We got Ambrose a Strider for Christmas, and while he used it and played with it intermittently , he was slow as molasses on the thing and I wouldn't let him take it down the block to the park because I knew it would take forever to get there, and I'd end up carrying the bike after he made it two houses away. It's just recently that he's been able to get going with any kind of speed and he'll *usually* (you'll see why I say usually) ride to the park and back on his own.

Had you been in this exact spot 15 minutes later you would have been privy to Ambrose throwing his Strider on the ground and (quite loudly) refusing to ride another step. Bram was doing his standard act of screaming as I perform my dance of swaying, rocking and bouncing him in the sling. I inform Ambrose that I cant carry him, the strider and Bram so he has to walk. In true two year old fashion, he throws himself around my legs and cries. This scene goes on for 30 minutes as I walk with a tantruming toddler around my legs, a bike in one hand and a screaming baby in the other. I'm sure every person home was peeking through their curtains to see what type of circus had pulled into their neighborhood. It was us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment