To all of you South Dakotan's it may seem a bit late to be carving pumpkins, but here in New Mexico, if you carve a pumpkin more than 48 hours prior to Halloween you end up with a molded, smelly, shriveled up mess sitting on your front porch rather than a smiling Jack o Lantern. So, here we are the day before Halloween.
Of course we begin by gutting the pumpkin, and of course, Ambrose Mr-I-like-my-hand-clean, doesn't really care for it this part.
The artistic part of our parenting team is gone for work (again!) so Ambrose was left with me to carve his pumpkin. I'm not an artist, so I let Ambrose take the lead on our canvas. I let him shout out shapes that he thought each facial feature should be, and that was our planning for our pumpkin face. They must have talked about Jack O Lanterns at school because he gave each feature the logical shape.
pumpkin carving weather is also a little different down here as opposed to South Dakota. The sun is out in full force today, so the pics are a little squinty.
aaaannnnndddd 30 seconds in, he's had enough and placed the top back on the pumpkin ;)
ReplyDelete