I turned 30 last month, and I've never been one of those people who's been afraid of birthdays or turning a year older. I think that comes from the fact that I'm exactly where I want to be in life, I am incredibly content . I love my husband, love my family and love staying at home enjoying all of them to the fullest. 30 did make me stop and think, and I can't believe how quick the pace of life is right now. The days pass quickly, almost too quickly and without planning and goals, the days get away from me. I decided to make a list of things I'd like to accomplish while I'm thirty. Most are all easily attainable, but without the list, I know that each of the items would be lost in the shuffle of life.
1.train for a race
2.go on a vacation with my husband sans kids
3.take a family vacation
4.sleep 8 glorious hours (believe it or not, when I wrote this post, this is the one that I saw most impossible, but in the last month or so, Bram has been sleeping....not every night and not through the night.....but he's sleeping hours at a time.....this folks is huge for us over here)
5.keep my car clean for an entire week (which would hopefully lead to some clean car inertia, and it would last longer than a week)
6.find a pair of jeans I absolutely love, and pay no attention to the price tag
7.Get family pictures taken
8.Be fully unplugged at least 1 day per month
9. sell our house
10. crochet something I'll actually use/wear
11. sew something I'll actually use/wear
12. grow and eat my own vegetables
13. drink wine on the patio with my husband at least 3 times a month ( john and I did this almost nightly during the summer, and it was a wonderful end to our days)
14. buy as much local and organic
15. wear earrings daily (silly...yes, but for some reason, if I'm wearing earrings, it makes me feel/look a little more put together, even if the earrings are accompanied by jeans and a sweatshirt)
16. find something that will fade the age spot on my temple
17. buy a bike to go on bike rides with my boys
18. take a college class
19. vote
20. play in the rain with my boys
21. volunteer ( either with my boys, or without)
22. try and live by: use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
23. make our upcoming move the most organized yet
24. swim in the ocean
25.cook fish for my family (with asparagus) *these two items are hated foods by either john or I, and I don't want to pass on these biases to the boys)
26. buy coffee for the person behind me in line in my local drive through (a simple lesson in pay it forward)
27. learn to fold a fitted sheet. It can be done, my mom does it quite well, I on the other hand take the roll- it- in- a- ball- and- flatten- with- my- hands method... no more! I'm going to learn
28 see zac brown band in concert: (or any show really)This one is a silly, far off dream (since we live in Alamogordo...) but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
29. reach for my Kindle at night instead of my iphone
30. Lasik, eeek, this has been on my "to do" list for a while, but just recently my vision has stabilized and I'm now a candidate. My eye doc is really encouraging me to do it, he thinks I'm an excellent candidate and I'd get at least 15 or so years out of it. Sounds great, but...yikes!
Really good list, but I'm still reeling over the fact that you're just turning 30. It makes my impending 37 (that's pronounced thirtySEVEN!!!) seem ancient. You are a spring chicken, is all I'm saying. And you can do everything on that list. Now I must go make one for myself (only with more stuff.)
ReplyDeleteOh, and where are you going? I hear Shaw is lovely this time of year...
I'm just reading this list and loving it! How are you coming with your goals?? I know you can accomplish them! Let us know when you check one off the list! Love you :)
ReplyDelete