For PETES SAKE! You know how I know it's been ages since I posted last (other than the date on the last post)? I forgot the password to be able to publish a new post! Yeesh.
So, I'd love to have a grand excuse on why posts have been few and far between, but really, it's just because we've been busy with the everyday minutia of life. Nothing out of the ordinary, but busy none the less.
In case you're wondering what a typical day looks like around here, here ya go, in crappy and slightly annoying Instagram pics
John's work schedule has been particularly heinous lately, and unfortunately, more often than not his alarm clock reads ridiculous-o-clock when his alarm starts squawking. Case in point,
Back when I was getting a decent night sleep, I'd get up and see him off to work. Since Bram's arrival, I can't even crack my eyes at the hour, mostly due to the fact that, like this morning, I had just crawled back into bed from fighting Sir Screams a lot for an hour. So, I roll over, go back to sleep for another couple of hours and wait for one of the two boys, usually Bram, because who needs sleep....not THIS kid, to wake me.
I make my coffee and sit down to the computer for a minute or two before the chaos of the day begins.
After a minute to myself, Bram let's me know that he's done self entertaining, and he'd like to get up. With coffee cup in hand I shuffle down to his room. This morning, I set my coffee cup down on Bram's nightstand, and when I went to go back and pick it up, I saw a sight that sums up life right about now....If I were an artist, I'd name this picture "Life with two small children." No explanation necessary.
*just to clarify, the wine glass was from the night before. I had put it down after I had gotten Bram dressed in his jammies....I don't follow up my cup of coffee with a moscoto chaser.
In some mystery of the this world, despite being up more times than any 9month old should be, he wakes chipper and ready to start his day.
I am always looking to buy myself a little more peace and quiet, and so I begin my day by nursing Bram in my bed. It is one of the highlights of my day. There really is no better way to start my morning than with a great cup of coffee and snuggling my sweet boy.
From the moment both boys are awake I feel like I need to constantly have my running shoes (and earplugs) on. We spend our time playing, laughing, fussing, running errands, whining, eating, cleaning....you get the idea...
Space museum
Zoo
Zoo
After a day of playing, it's dinner time, and this folks is where the fun begins (insert eye roll). Every mom knows what the witching hour is, and it's in full force come 430. Bram is absolutely glued to my side.....see......GLUED!
We quickly move to bath time, where it used to be a semi-relaxing time for me, but since Bram has figured out how to escape his bath seat, I'm busy saving his life.
We have the standard pj shenanigans (which, often end with someone crying and someone else being put in time out). John usually comes home during this time, and he makes every second with the boys "count" and the boys eat it up!
We wrestle both boys to bed, which if you've been on the sleep journey with me and Bram, you know that wrestling is no exaggeration.
John and I both fall into a puddle on the couch, where we sit for an hour or so, and then head bed, preparing to do it all again tomorrow :)


No comments:
Post a Comment