This is stating the obvious, but the summers around here are intense, to say the least. Most days the high is 100+, so escaping the heat is a must. Lucky for us there is a small mountain town less than an hour away. It's amazing how quickly the scenery and temperature change as the elevation increases. In about 20 minutes drive, the temperature decreases by about 20 degrees, it's fantastic! In addition to the cooler weather, there is also a small lake that is stocked with fish. John and Ambrose go up there pretty frequently, but Bram and I had yet to venture up. Despite the fact that it was about the furthest thing from relaxing, it was a great time!
I quickly discovered that there is very little fishing done by the oldest boy. For the most part, he plays in the dirt, throws rocks and occasionally casts a line (however, have I told you about the time that he cast his line and hooked himself in the cheek?....pure talent this one....)
No comments:
Post a Comment