So, this post will be many pictures and probably very few words. Lets all just get caught up ASAP.
We finished our time up in FL at then end of May. The trip was fantastic, and the best part was that we didn't really spend significantly more than John would have if he had gone on his own. Yay for a cheap month long family vacation!
These Puddle Jumper water swimmies are fantastic! If you're looking to spend some time in a pool (and your kid doesn't know how to swim) these things will rock your world! The other day, Ambrose and I went to a hotel pool, and got tired of swimming so I got out and checked my email (on my phone, 5 feet away from him....not back upstairs in our room) while he swam around. It was a whole new sense of freedom for him and I!!
Bram got his first hair cut while in FL. The wonderful lady that cut his hair was very nervous as she only cuts 30+year old fighter pilots hair, but she did a great job!
For much of the time we were in FL Bram was sick. I unknowingly let him wander around with a double ear infection for a week. I of course felt terrible, but also hold him hugely responsible because the only way that I know that my boys have ear infections is because they don't sleep at night, and with Bram, well, we all know his awful sleeping record. So, if the kid wouldn't cry wolf so many times and actually sleep well at night, when he is up for 3hrs in the middle of the night I'd know something was wrong, rather than thinking it's just Bram standard . p.s- he also had a case of thrush that we found while at the ER for the ear infection.
We came back and quickly got into the swing of things. Here's Bram in that bath solo because his bath partner was running a fever.
John and I went on a date!
Little did we know that fever that Ambrose had a couple of days prior was leading up to a terrible horrible case of hand foot and mouth. Have you guys had the experience of dealing with this virus? If not, thank your lucky stars and promptly knock on every piece of wood around you because this virus is no joke! Here's a pic of Ambrose's hand, and it does not do this virus justice. He had large open sores on his arms, and then smaller ones all over his hands, feet, went up his arms, inside and outside of his mouth, in his nose and even one on his ear. Why they call it hand foot and mouth, I'll never know. For my son, it was a full body virus. Each one of those sores is like a canker sore, it was incredibly painful for him. For one of the days he wouldn't walk because the sores hurt so bad. He slept terribly and complained all night that his feet and hands hurt. It was AWFUL!!! He is over the virus, but now his hands and feet are peeling off in sheets, which I guess is the tail end of the virus. It looks terrible and there's really not a whole lot we can do other than wait it out. I prayed each day Bram would avoid it, and he did! I don't know what that would have been like....I shutter to think!
I have a few pics from last weekends trip to Albuquerque, but for now, it looks like my kid free time is up.


No comments:
Post a Comment