When John is gone, we spiral into this weird twilight zone where nights and weekends are the times I dread most. Those are the times that we look forward to most when john is around, but when it's just the boys and I, lets just say the time passes so slllooooooowly. My friends all know that, and invite the boys and I over.
* I had one of those embarrassing moments where my kid puked in public. It was outside , in a parking lot, so it could have been much worse, but embarrassing none the less. If you're keeping track, The puke bug score around here is Bram: 2 Ambrose: 1 and me: 1 all since john has been gone. For the love, lets everyone keep the contents of their stomach INSIDE their body for the next 5 weeks.
*The other day we were out running errands and Bram was falling with impressive frequency. At one point I turn to him, and exasperatedly say " Jeez Bram, could you try falling a little less." After getting to the car I look down and realize I had dressed him with both legs through one leg hole. Another gold medal in momsmanship added to my collection.
*Brammy turned two a couple days ago, and I'm sorry to say, it wasn't quite the production like Ambrose's. Poor guy, second born gets screwed sometimes. In my defense, even when Ambrose and I burst into Brammy's room all excited singing happy birthday, Bram just kind of glared at us through the bars of his crib, so I think he preferred we keep things low key. So, we did. You're welcome Bram. We did go out together and eat at this super yummy specialty cupcake place, and they were delicious.We chose to sit outside in hopes of helping the staff avoid the crumbly mess that is cupcake eating with kids. So, we sit down at an outside table, and about 5 seconds later a young kid less couple sits down at the table behind us. The boys are snarfing their cupcakes and a gust of wind comes up and blows the cupcakes, plates and bagillion little cupcake crumbs right onto the back of the gentleman sitting behind us. Not all was lost, the boys don't mind eating cupcakes off the sidewalk, so we scooped up the cupcake remnants and the boys recovered from their tearful fits and happily finished their cupcakes. Crisis averted (except for the guy sitting behind us...).
Oh ya, and we also went to the zoo for a quick trip to visit the animals on Bram's birthday, but that ended abruptly when Ambrose was pecked by one of the guinea fowl in the aviary. Non stop action around here folks.
*We have a new addition to our morning routine. It involves me barking to Ambrose to get his shoes on and meet us out at the car. He then runs over to the stools (where we have kept our shoes since we moved to this house) and stares perplexed at the pile of shoes. You guys, there is never, ever, ever a PAIR of shoes. There's just a pile of single shoes....it's maddening. What's even more maddening is he's more confused than I am about where the mates have all gone. Then comes some tears (from him) eye rolling (from me) and a lot of sprinting around the house look for just one PAIR of shoes (by both of us).
...see...total confusion.
*Speaking of shoes, I forgot Bram's today. As in, we are driving down the road, I look back at him, and he has no shoes on. I blame it completely on the Air Force because the only well baby appointment they had available was at 745 AM, and I don't do well getting everybody out the door that early. So, something had to give, and apparently, it was Bram's shoes. But, since I'm so unorganized in all avenues of my life, I happened to have a long forgotten pair in the car. So See, today, my disorganization paid off. If I had actually CLEANED my car, I'd have looked like a mom who didn't have her act together. My messy car totally saved my butt today. Take that John.
P.S Am I the only person that dresses up for Well baby visits? The whole "fake it till you make it" is my motto for well baby visits. Maybe if I look the part of "mom who has her act together", they'll totally buy it. Good thing Ambrose didn't rat me out about the forgotten shoes debacle.
*These two guys are actually playing together more and more. They used to play in the same room at the same time, but not really interact with one another. Now, they have little games they play and they run around and chase each other...it's adorable. I think the ages of 2 & 4 are going to be the best yet!
This might be my favorite post yet! Love the humor, love you all!
ReplyDelete