Monday, June 24, 2013

So, there's been a lot going on.

A lot of nothing at first, and then a lot of somethings later on.

The last month John was gone ( the month of May), I coasted. I did nothing that added to my workload, I just survived and kept the boys alive. I said no to almost every play date that required any kind of effort...White sands....too much sand. Pool...too many sticky articles of clothing to pull on and off kids. Bike rides....to much work heaving bikes in and out of cars. I was SPENT. Emotionally and physically spent.  I have said over and over that for me, the hardest part of a deployment is the first two weeks and the last to weeks.

So, I'll be catching up on here, slowly but surely. Everything will probably be out of order, but there are pics and events that I want documented, and here is the place I do it :)


So, first one is out of order, but the most important! This happened. 



I quit counting after 300, but out of this calendar year, June to June, we have spent over 300 days apart. We were apart for every one's birthday, first day of school, last day of school, anniversary and every single holiday except for three. Thankfully, the three he was here for, were the biggies...Thanksgiving, Christmas and New years. Dear sweet Mary, it is good to have this year in the rear view mirror. 


Here's our bunch of nothing pics.







I'm letting Bram's hair grow a bit. For the most part, I love it. However, with the heat of the summer ( it's supposed to be 108 degrees tomorrow...for the LUV!) the added hair seems to make him even sweatier, so I'm thinking of cutting it and letting it grow again come October-ish.


With the longer hair has come some fantastic bed head. 






So, now I'm going to try and throw in some of the happenings in more of a chronological order.

I ran another half marathon. Not only did I run it, I won it ( for females). Before you're too proud, the ladies who were running it were a bunch of moms trying to prove that age wasn't getting the best of them. The time I ran it in was most definitely not a winning time, but I'll take it. I don't win things. Ever. Especially not things that require athleticism.
 Ambrose had his last day of preschool ( for the year, he'll go back to the same church preschool next year. So will Bram. Holy Moly! How can that be?!).







The following day, we boarded the plane for SD. I'm not sure where I'd be with out portable electronic devices, they are my saving grace when we fly. I see so many parents that bring huge carry on bags jam packed full of every toy under the sun, but for me, those are a total waste of space. I bring a couple trains, planes and then two portable electronic devices, and call it a day. 





I'll be back with some of our South Dakota trips, John's weapons school graduation, and some other not as exciting events, but that's it for tonight. 











No comments:

Post a Comment