Wednesday, June 26, 2013

South Dakota fun

This will mainly be pictures, because really, the words are the same as any other SD post ( blah blah flying, blah blah, family, blah blah, green grass, blah blah actual activities shopping and restaurants....).

On of the activities we did was visiting Reptile Gardens. I remember going as a kid, and it's fun to take the boys back to places I went as a kid. 

This guy talks a big game about being the brave caution to the wind kind of kid, but that day, he was having none of the touching the alligator business. 



And then in a complete reversal, the kid who is afraid of an ant ( and almost everything else on the planet) decided he was Crocodile Dundee that day. 




It rained while we were in SD. All the time. Like, I thought my parents had up and moved to Seattle rained. While I was happy for their drought situation, jeez lah weez, I was so over it after a while. My mom came through though with some fun activities, including an indoor picnic :) 
All the rain did produce some amazing greenery though. NM is so so brown, and I will never take the lush green grass for granted again. Even Ambrose noticed it as we were landing in SD. The boys have no idea that having grass in a front yard is even an option, they think everyone just has rocks and thorny plants like us. 



 If we could have spent all day riding the train at Grandpas store, Bram's life would have been complete. He loves all things trains, and the fact that Grandpa was there as company was icing on the cake.

I also took the boys to Story book island, which is so much fun and it's totally free. 






No comments:

Post a Comment