date-aversary this week. Here we are at the ripe not-so-old age of 17! Those of you that knew the 17yr old john, doesn't that beanie and black hooded sweatshirt bring back memories.
*The boys had their first put put golf experience this week, and it was a blast. The whole idea was lost on Bram initially and he chucked his golf ball towards the parking lot and yelled "catch mom." We narrowly avoided paying for golf ball damage on someones Volvo. He quickly figured out the idea that he was supposed to get the ball in the hole, but the boy cheated every step of the way. I had to pose him for this picture.
*The next day I took a visit to my hair lady (the one that fixed Brammy's hair-tastrophy) and was jonesing for a change of some sort. I opted for a dark all over color, and after a day of uncertainty, I am now solidly thrilled with the color.
* For the first time in John's AF career, we had the chance to get our picture taken near the jet, so we jumped on that. It was super informal, BYO camera, and of course, there's the monumental task of getting both boys to look in the same direction at the same time... so we'll see how they turn out, but at least we tried.
Pre pictures
* Here's one we took with the phone.
Boys club
*John's job has tons of traditions, some more fun and crazier than others, but one of my favorites is a piano burning. There's probably a reason why they burn a piano, but I have no idea what it is. I do know, that it's always recipe for a good time.
Sorry it's so dark, but there it is. The giant fire ball in the background is the piano...on fire.
*last but not least, John shot an oryx. Normally, oryx are found in Africa, but at some point, ages ago, someone brought them over here to the desert of NM and they can be found here. Any who, the state issues a set number of tags each year, and John and his friend were lucky enough to draw one each. It took a few weekends of them traipsing through the dessert from 5am-6pm, but he got one. The meat is fantastic and hands down the least gamy meat of all the big game animals I've tried. We are so excited for the grocery bill break that it will bring (however, now that I type that statement, it's a total lie. I've quickly come to find that hunting is the most expensive "free" meet you'll ever eat....).









No comments:
Post a Comment