2) Jets. nope, they never get old. I still stop and look every time I hear one taking off or flying overhead.
4) Amazon. I won't put in print the exact number of Amazon packages that arrive on our doorstep each month, but it's a lot. I've always had excellent customer service experiences with them, but a recent one took the cake. My Kindle has been acting fritzy lately...apps closing unexpectedly, WiFi not connecting all the time, videos not playing...just fritzy. Well, this week it went from fritzy, to really crazy, so after googling and attempting to fix it on my own, I called up Amazon hoping they could help me troubleshoot it over the phone. The person on the other line kindly reminded me that my warranty had expired, but they'd at least try to help me the best they could. They gave me a few things to try, to no avail. They put me on hold, and when the customer service person got back on, she informed me that they'd send me a new one in the mail, free of charge, all I needed to do was send in my old one. The new one should arrive today! I tell you what folks, I'm an amazon customer for LIFE!
5) Christmas cards. I'd keep them up year round if John would go along with it. He doesn't, so I usually give in and take them down sometime around February. Here's this years display (after I took the first 7 cards down...).
6) Ted talks. I'm not exactly sure how I found Ted talks, but they are stinkin awesome. Ted talks center around the slogan "ideas worth spreading," and I've found that to be right on. They are videos that have presenters speaking on various topics aimed at inspiring and informing others on certain topics. I watch one every time I "get ready" (ie: do something other than solely brush my teeth to get ready for the day). Here's a few that I've really liked, but there are a zillion more...go browse
Schools kill creativity
Every kid needs a champion
Why 30 is not the new 20
How to use a paper towel
Puzzle of motivation.







No comments:
Post a Comment