Friday, June 26, 2009

12-14 weels





I had every intention of writing this at his 12 week mark, but being at home and all the fun things that go with it have "gotten in the way" of my blogging.


Ambrose at 12 weeks

1. is 100% formula fed. Many of you know what a heart wrenching battle breastfeeding was for me and Ambrose, but he made the final decision and just quit (refused, screaming hold his breath...the whole nine yards )breastfeeding. Maybe it was Gods way of telling me that it was ok to let go, I couldn't force him to, and so with him having made the decision we were done with it. Ambrose continues to grow and thrive (which for some reason was a crazy fear), I still share a wonderful and special bond with him and most importantly he is SO much happier ( I kind of kick myself for not being ok with it sooner, my life could have been so much easier!!!!).


2. is still swaddled. He is escaping from it most every night, I think that it's probably time to either get a bigger swaddle, or just start weaning him from it. Hmm.... I'll let you know what we decide.

3. is still EXTREMELY inquisitive (he is SO his fathers son). People are always asking, does he always study things like this? and yes he does

4. smiles so much (well in between studying people and things).
Just last night he giggled for the first time and it was SO adorable!

5. still doesn't like tummy time. We've become very inventive and use our legs, couch cushions, our tummies and even this....


yup, there he is having tummy time on the steering wheel of the riding lawn mower :)

here's one of the few moments of tummy time that wasn't spent crying face down into the carpet.


6. has rolls like you read about. His knees disappeared and have been replaced by what we affectionately call his cinnamon rolls.
7. loves the water. We've been to a few public pools and he loves it,well for 30 minutes and then he's pooped, he's not in his car seat longer than a minute and he is out!!

my little guy is big, but good grief this pic makes him look like he's gigantic


8. crying has been replaced by a loud and obnoxious scream. The first time it happened was in the early hours of the morning at my grandmas house and I instinctively threw my hand over his mouth to stifle the sound. It only accomplished making him more mad and sending him into a crying and screaming fit...so loud I actually had to go outside on the deck so as to not wake the entire house (however waking the entire neighborhood I guess was OK).


9. has learned a new game. Sticking out his tongue. He especially loves it when we stick ours out at him, he'll stick his right back out at us. However, there doesn't have to be someone around for him to play the game, he'll stick it out at pup the dog, the bird on his mobile and even a random wall or clock. . It's adorable.

10. LOVES anything electronic... tv, phone, computer, i-touch....ANYTHING. He'll sit and look at any electronic item for days. Capturing a picture of him smiling is almost impossible because the second you pull out the camera he quits whatever adorable thing he was doing and stares at the camera. If he's particularly inconsolable we pull out the i-touch and he instantly stops crying, he doesn't even have to see it, he just hears the sounds of his favorite "app" and stops crying. I have been tempted by the baby Einstein videos, knowing he'll sit there forever, but I use my best parenting judgement and know that he has years of sitting in front of the TV and it should definitely NOT start at 3months.
Ambrose being entertained by my mom and her i-touch

11. loves being/looking outside (once again his fathers son).













































4 comments:

  1. What a cutie patootie! It is such a hard decision to stop breastfeeding, but I think you made the right choice! And I think it's hilarious that Ambrose knows which apps he likes -- definitely a new generation! :) Soon he'll be teaching you how to use that stuff :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cute little guy- there is so much character in that face! Wish I could meet him soon. I am happy to see things are going smoothly and you have such an opportunity to spend time with your family-especially that John is away. It is so fun and rewarding when their personalities start showing through. I wish i would have been better about keeping track of it all- so keep up the good blogging. I look forward to keeping up with the Fischers!
    ps. I like your haircut!! I have been trying to find a similar care-free non 'mom' do too. uggh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like life is good for you all - so happy for you. And when they grow up, Ambrose and Natalie can compare notes about formula. It's so great that you tried so hard and even better that you're not beating yourself up about it (been there, done that). I'm hoping that somehow we get to see you guys in the near future; I want to meet that cute little boy! Enjoy the rest of your time at home and keep up the blog - It's great to hear how things are going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new haircut! Glad you get to spend so much time with family and that Skype is working for you and John while he is away. I just LOVE those apple cheeks of his when he smiles! Wish I could get my hands on him.

    ReplyDelete