I have been eyeing this mirror since we moved into this house. We have a large mantel above our fire place, and I went looking for something to hang above it. I found this mirror from Pottery Barn and totally fell in love, however, the size I needed was 700 dollars! YEEEIIIIKES! That doesn't even include the 70 dollar shipping and 60 dollar deliver surcharge. It goes without saying, that mirror was never going to hang in my house.
Fast forward to August, when I was searching for the end of Pinterest I found a DIY option for that beloved mirror. I looked at the instruction and it didn't seem all that hard, so I talked it over with my dad and he seemed to think it was totally doable ( this was when john was gone, so I'd be going it alone). Talking with my dad was as far as I made it. A few weeks passed and I came across the mirror on my friends blog. She had DIY'd it and it turned out fantastic. Around that time I also found out that my mom would be coming out for a visit. If you know my mom, you know she is the queen of all things DIY. She can literally do it all. She sews and quilts like nobodies business, she can make pottery, stained glass and lay tile. She can now add basic wood working and frame making to her list of skills because she did this entire project on her own. I wish she had a blog, because she's the one that really needs to be showing this puppy off. Any who, here it is. It measures about 45inches X 45 inches and is the perfect fit for my mantel. I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks mom for all your help and hard work. *you can't really tell in the pic, but each mirror has bevelled edges just like the pottery barn*
Hopefully I'll make it back with a better picture and the mantel decorated a bit for Christmas, but for now, this pic with a bad crop job, the topiary off kilter and the sad fall pendent will have to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment