Prior to purchasing anything, I research. Like a mad woman. I of course google, read reviews, check message boards, but it often comes down to a recommendation from a friend to really push me over the edge. So, I thought I'd give you a little nudge and show you a few things that have been rockin our world lately...
1)
I read a blog, that regularly rocks my world. I could go on and on (and on and on and on) about how her honesty and openness on all things life have been inspiring, but feel free to head over there yourself. Sit down with a cup o coffee and a couple of hours, because you'll need it. Here's a clip from today's blog (and had I written this post yesterday, last week or last month, I could have just as easily copied and pasted an expert from that day because she is spot on ALL.THE.TIME!)
Happily Ever After IS NOT A THING. We are all trained by Disney to believe that the wedding is the finish line – but the wedding is JUST ANOTHER STARTING LINE. In light of this fact- we should quit the huge, fancy, debt-inducing weddings. When I asked my parents to help pay for my wedding, they said they’d give me a little bit and then if Craig and I made it to our ten-year anniversary, they’d give us some more to throw a big party. “THAT’s the time to celebrate,” they said. My parents were right.* Celebrate AFTER hard work, not before. Young people: marry simply, start your life, and party later. THINK OF HOW MUCH BABYSITTING FOR YOUR FUTURE COLICKY BABY YOU COULD BUY WITH THAT WEDDING BUDGET. THINK OF HOW MUCH MARRIAGE THERAPY YOU COULD BUY. Invest in your marriage, not your wedding. Spending all your money on a wedding and leaving nothing for marriage is as irresponsible as foregoing health insurance for your baby so that you can throw her a kick-ass birthday party. It’s as backwards as circling the stadium with your arms in the air – waiting for applause before you start the race. Sweat a little, then celebrate. And don’t forget the good news/ bad news – there is no finish line. Marriage starts over again every.single.day.
Here's a few of her other posts that are favorites...
Don't Carpe Diem
Whack a mole
and there's a zillion more, but we are getting minutes away from the end of nap time, so go explore her blog...it's worth your time!
You can read more from her at momastery.com/blog/
2) Rhodes rolls.
These puppies are found in the frozen food section, and while they look like a one trick pony,they are insanely versatile, and since they're frozen, I always have a bag in my freezer. They're small frozen balls of dough, and when thawed you can make a zillion things with them.
Here's some of our a favorite recipes!
Meatball stuffed rolls
Focaccia bread
Pretzel bites
Personal pizza crust
There's even entire Pinterest boards dedicated to the various things you can make with them!
3) Little Green Pouch
Bram would mow through 2-3 of those apple sauce pouches each day if I'd let him. It was costing us an arm and a leg, so I set out to find a more budget (and enviornmnetaly) friendly option.Many of the reusable pouches don't get good reviews, so I was having a tough time finding one that was fairly inexpensive yet held up. These fit the bill. They have been perfect for our family. They are BPA free, dishwasher safe, have a twist on spout. I've put applesauce, yogurt and thick smoothies in them, and they are just what I was looking for! Yay! We've more than got out money's worth out of them!
4) Ready for a random one... Mint Julep Mask
This mask...it's awesome. Hands down it is the only face mask that makes an immediate difference in my skin.
Welp, nap time has come to an end, and rather than let this post sit in the "drafts" pile and then completely forget about it, I'll just sent it out there short and sweet.


No comments:
Post a Comment