1) I fired someone. Our house has been on the market for a while, and due to various reasons (that were completely justified, almost embarrassingly justified) I went in and fired her. Notice I said "I" and not "we" because per usual, John was busy that day, so non-confrontation me rocked a tweed blazer and red lipstick, and walked in with my well rehearsed speech and asked her to "terminate our contract." Which she willingly did. I'm not sure if I felt more like an adult the day I gave birth to my boys or the day that I fired someone twice my age. Needless to say I've done both, so, an adult I am!
2) Bram is making Uh-Mazing strides in speech (in all things really...but I think at the root of it has always been his inability to truly communicate). He sees a developmental therapist and speech therapist for one hour every other week. I can't tell you how many people (who loved us and meant well) told me "boys are just slower to talk," "he'll get there, just give him time," and a million other positive things. But man oh man am I glad I listened to my worry wart self. Why oh why would someone wait? The evaluation is free, completely relaxed, play based and the worst thing they could say is "yup, he qualifies, lets work TOGETHER to get him to where he should be." Honest to goodness folks, I will sing the praises of the Early Intervention program until the cows come home. If you or someone you know has expressed even the slightest concern that their child is slow on the uptake in the speech department, lovingly encourage them take their child to be evaluated. Hands down, it ranks at the top (of a very short list) of "parenting things I did right."
3.) I took Ambrose on a run with me the other day, he rode his bike while I ran next to him. Something I noticed while on the run: apparently, kids don't look up while riding their bike. I shouted to Ambrose at least a dozen times, "LOOK UP," as he began to drift dangerously close to the edge of the sidewalk and into oncoming traffic. Clearly it's not a trait exclusive to Ambrose because Our friend experienced the same thing, and her warning came to late and her son ran right into a parked car. Self preservation doesn't kick in until later I'm finding out. The run was slooooow and super short, but like all change, it's happening gradually. Yay for the possibility of training for my next race with a single stroller and one child!
4) Sometimes Ambrose gets a hold of my phone, and while I'd never know otherwise, the camera roll completely rats him out.



No comments:
Post a Comment