Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day





This is what he was meant to do. He had no idea and I'm not sure he expected it, but he was/is meant to be a father. His true gift and calling in life is to love his little boy in only a way that he can, if only I could put into words how well he does it.


Even at 15 months, I see the feelings are totally mutual. To see Ambrose interact with John is to see love as an action. The smiles, squeals, laughter and just plane old contentedness is in full force when this little boy is with his dad. I watch Ambrose just soaking up all that is John, he immediately runs to him after John walks through the door and Ambrose doesn't let him out of his sight until he goes to bed.

So today I want to recognize the father that he is not just today, but every day.... engaged, loving, nurturing and patient, all the time. with out fail!

Happy father's day!


1 comment:

  1. Steph, just wanted to say how this post SPOKE to me on so many levels...I'm sure you understand. Love you so much, and so thankful for the father John is!!!

    ReplyDelete