You'd think the waves would deter him slightly, but not so much. He's been knocked over a couple of times, not because I'm a neglectful parent and don't pay attention, but because the kid goes gang busters into the ocean and thinks hand holding is for sissy's. I am all sorts of nervous when it comes to water, so if he doesn't hold my hand I'm grabbing on to the back of his shirt ( so much so that many of his shirts have a strange stretched out spot between his shoulder blades).
You'll also note the beach attire we've been donning lately (which makes hand holding absolutely necessary). The amount of sandy laundry I've been doing is ridiculous, so to minimize it, Ambrose has been basking in the sun European style, diaper, hat and copious amounts of SPF gabillion. Despite the strong sunscreen the little guy is sporting the cutest sun tan.
We're soaking up every last second at t he beach because (for the millionth time) they're forecasting the oil will be coming our way :(
i've said it before and I'm saying it again - our kids need to meet! the whole dashing into the water hand holding is for sissies thing is full force here, too. Soulmates :)
ReplyDelete