Going to play a quick game of catch up and then hopefully start updating with some regularity.
We are back from S.D (for about two weeks, yikes, I'm behind) it was so much stinkin fun. I've always loved my times back home with family (mainly because of all the helping hands), but this time has topped the charts. My little guy is at such a fun age, and to experience all that my home town had to offer with him was amazing.
Ambrose loves all things animals so off we went to Old MacDonalds farm. They can bite, bark or charge him and he just keeps right on smiling. With his love of animals and early wake ups, this kid would make a great farmer :)
*right after this pic was taken the baby goat in the picture climbed right up on Ambrose's back and stood there like he'd climbed a mountain. Ambrose of course, didn't care.
Here he is practicing his goatwhispering skills.
We ended our trip with a visit to Story time at the library. Ambrose and I went last week, and he sat with me for 90% of the time, which for this on the go, in your face, screeching little guy, was completely out of character. Although quiet, he seemed to enjoy it so we went back again this week. However, the said on the go, in your face, screeching little boy came back with a vengeance and he chose to sit about 10% of the time this time, and truthfully it was only because we fed him. I was a little horrified, but, he was in fidgity company and there was much more wandering around babbling than listening to any story, so I just let him wander.
here he is sitting, but only because he has a mouth full of Life cereal, without it, he's loud and on the go.
The reading minor in me would love to say that his favorite part of the morning was the book reading, song singing or finger puppets, but no, he much preferred pushing/tipping over the chairs surrounding the bead and wire toy. All boy this one.
While at Story book island there's a train that takes the kids around the park. My little guy is about as independent as they come, but even this I thought would test his limits. They told me I could walk next to the train and see how he does, if he cries, just let them know and they'll stop and take him out. I expected to be removing a puffy eyed snotty nosed kid shortly after leaving the station, but we went for it. I started out walking next to him, but soon realized he had no need for me there. He rode all by himself, and didn't look back once. The roles were sure reversed on that ride, it certainly wasn't Ambrose puffy eyed and snotty nosed. He is growing up so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment