Case in point....
I told John that Ambrose needed to get his hair cut, but he was already afraid that Ambrose would look old enough by the time he got home, and he didn't want to do anything that would make him look any older. So I agreed to suffer through the weird mullet-esk hair style until John came home.
Rather than take him to a barber or hair salon I decided that we'd just take care of it here. We were really just looking to trim the back and over his ears, not take anything off on top (when we do go that route that he'll need it done professionally because this kid is sporty one heck of a cow lick!) .
We got out our sure fire kid dirstractor, the DVD player, and trapped him in his high chair.
I thought for sure we were in for an ER visit because there was plenty of this...
going on.
Ambrose did decide that we weren't going after his ears and calmed down a little bit.
Some how we all came out unscathed and the hair cut didn't turn out half bad. I am glad that we waited though, because for some reason, a haircut makes a kid look 5 years older, and my kid was no exception!
We just gave Brennan his first hair cut this weekend too! Not as good as you all did, we tried =-) I might have to take your cue on the DVD player next time! Can not believe how much he looks like a little boy now! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
ReplyDelete