We made it, here we are, on the other end of a "deployment" . I use the word deployment rather loosely because his time gone was pretty short, and his location was pretty safe.
I guess it's all relative though isn't it?
Here is John getting ready to go. I was hesitant to take Ambrose along to say good-bye, unsure of how he would react, however, taking him turned out to be a very right choice for us. It helped Ambrose understand where John was. As the weeks went by Ambrose would constantly repeat "daddy bye-bye airplane."


As with every time John is gone, there are always (literally, every time) delays of one form or another, and this time was no exception. There were a few minor hiccups, but when all said and done, even with the delays on their end, they made it back here fairly on time!
On that day I couldn't decide of I was more excited for myself, or for Ambrose. Driving through the gate we were able to see a few jets in the air, and that's when I told Ambrose for the first time John was coming home. I wasn't sure if he'd fully get it, but he SO did! The joy and shock ( literally, opened mouth shock) that came from that little boy was adorable. He loves his dad!
you totally just made me cry reading a BLOG! i miss you all, love you.
ReplyDeletewelcome home john! such cute pictures :-)
ReplyDelete