Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful!

At first I was tempted to write a bulleted list of all the things I am thankful for this season, but the reality is, there are just too many to list. I know, it sounds totally cheesy, but it's true, from the big things like health and family, to the small things like a our walmart finally starting to carry my Tassimo coffee discs. My life is incredibly blessed, and for ALL things I am incredibly thankful!

Yesterday we spent the day with friends, while there was a part of me that was sad we weren't with family, the more I thought about it, the more I realized we were with family. In this crazy, transient life, our friends are like family. I can't get through John's job without the love and support of the people that are trudging (and I mean that in the best possible way, there is not a day that goes by that I would have our life ANY other way, I love this life!!! )through it right along side me :)

We started our day watching the Macy's day parade. I loved doing it as a child, and look forward to many years watching with Ambrose.


























After Ambrose lost interest in the parade, we went out for a hike on a small trail just a short drive from our home. It was a wonderful way to spend our morning as a family, preemptive working off the desserts that were coming our way.











































We then went over to our friends house and enjoyed excellent food and even better company. I wish I
would have taken more pictures, but Ambrose was not at all condusive to doing anything other than supervising him. Even the meal didn't distract him. While everyone else is eating, my son is serving up a giant side of heart burn to everyone sitting at the table because he can't be inconvenienced by eating and he is making it known by whining "all done" or "play" or "outside" or any combination of those to get out of his seat. I made the mistake of telling him that when he was finished eating he could get down and play. He takes that as an all clear to shovel all the food on his plate into his mouth in one shot, and yell with a mouth full of food "all done." I'm pretty sure at that moment that everyone at the table was just thankful that they were not the ones having to deal with my (normally sweet and wonderful) little boy.

With one wonderful holiday behind us, we look forward to the next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment